TEDxRiverside will be held all day on Oct 16, 2014 at the Fox Performing Arts Center in Riverside, CA. It will feature 19 short talks with Ideas Worth Spreading from 19 speakers.
- Richard Schrock (MIT)- The Path from UC Riverside to Nobel Laureate
- Garner Holt- From My Parents’ Garage to Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Melissa Manchester- Grammy Award Winning Songwriter
- Sally Rockey (NIH)- Becoming a Superhero of Science: From the Bench and Beyond!
- Adam Young- Dancing on Air
- Gregory Adamson- Facing the Music
- Kermit Alexander- Check Out Those Stats
- James Beck- SerfBliss: Pay-It-Forward
- Gordon Bourns- Hands-On STEM Education
- Steve Breen- Creativity: You Can't Turn it Off
- Giovanni Dubois- Creating Valuable Relationships
- Scott Hill- Potential and Obligation in Education
- Sarah Horn- Be Inspired. Be Ready. Lessons from the Hollywood Bowl.
- Brian Levin- Navigating Connections in a Digital Age
- Melinda Muganzo- Give me my energy back!
- Gladys Muir- Nature that Nurtures
- Sarah Mundy- Lessons from the Harada House
- Jennifer O'Farrell- From global to local: Modern Day Slavery
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxRiverside, where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxRiverisde has the following goals
More about TED
- Encourage high school students to become the next generation of innovators. 500 free tickets will be distributed by schools.
- Inspire Riverside’s entrepreneurial and art community
- Promote Riverside as the City of Art and Innovation
- Organize one of the top 5 TEDx conferences of the year